We have a committed, dedicated team of staff, trustees and volunteers.
Michelle Davitt, Chief Executive
Vicki Watson, Fundraising and Communications Manager
Elspeth Fairgrieve, Business Coordinator
Gillie Davidson MBE
In 2008 our Founder Gillie Davidson was awarded an MBE for ‘services to children in the UK and India’. In 2018 Gillie was shortlisted in the ‘Terrific Trustee’ category of the SCVO Scottish Charity Awards.
Phil Barnes, Sheila Cannell, Richard Dunbar (Vice Chairperson), Alison Erlanger (Chairperson), Chris Horne, Clare Jack, Mabel Mowatt, Laura Murphy, Lesley Murphy, James O’Malley
Volunteers are an integral part of the success of SLA. To recognise and support this, SLA created the ‘Active for SLA’ (ASLA) group, overseen by the SLA Volunteer Coordinator, who is also a volunteer. ASLA works to harness the diverse skills of the volunteers who help SLA in lots of different ways, some of which include:
- assisting staff to deliver large fundraising events
- acting as ‘Fundraising Ambassadors’, independently organising numerous events in aid of SLA
- undertaking background research for a range of projects
- helping with a range of tasks in the SLA office.
Some people volunteer with us:
- Once a year at our family-friendly community fireworks displays.
- Others on an ad-hoc basis.
- We’re happy to try and accommodate ‘one-off’ volunteering opportunities, as well as longer-term ones.
We benefit hugely from our team of regular volunteers who devote their time and considerable energies to SLA. We are fortunate to have such proactive, motivated and creative people involved with us, constantly searching for new ways to support the charity.
Everyone’s contribution is invaluable and we are always delighted to welcome new volunteers – please do drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0131 629 9112 if you or someone you know would like to volunteer with us.
In India there are 5.1 million HIV/AIDS cases
WORLD HEALTH ORG