Edinburgh Marathon Festival (EMF) is just one of the many amazing running events taking place across the UK over the coming months. Thousands of inspirational runners will tackle half marathons, marathons, and other distances to raise money for great causes. This year, you have the opportunity to apply for a Scottish Love in Action (SLA) charity place at EMF, which means you won’t have to pay to enter the event. Rather, there will be a fundraising target that you will need to commit to.
Are you interested in running for SLA, to help empower vulnerable children and young people in India? If you are interested in participating in a running event to fundraise for us, at EMF or a different event, email Kirsty, our Community and Corporate Fundraising Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Edinburgh Marathon Festival has a range of events on 27 and 28th May:
– Edinburgh Half Marathon (18+)
– EMF Hairy Haggis Team Relay (15+)
– EMF kids’ kilometre (Age 0-6)
The deadline for EMF applications is Friday 26th May at 12 noon.
Scottish September Events:
–Scottish Half Marathon (15+) Sunday 24 September
–Scottish 10K (15+) Sunday 24 September
Scottish October Events:
–Women’s 10k Edinburgh (15+) on Sunday 22 October
–Men’s 10k Edinburgh (15+) on Sunday 22 October
How much do I have to raise?
If you’d like to take up an SLA charity place, we ask you to raise a minimum fundraising target which is listed on each event page.
If you’ve already secured your own entry to an event there is no set target you need to raise. The more you can raise the more it supports children and young people. You can link your own entry through JustRunning to the SLA account to show us that you’re fundraising for SLA.
How do I sign up for a place?
- Go to the event page, for example:
Edinburgh Marathon Festival Events on 27th and 28th May
- On the EMF page Select ‘Charities’ and then ‘Other Charities’ from the dropdown list.
- Select ‘Scottish Love in Action’.
- Select the event you would like to run in e.g. Edinburgh Half Marathon.
- Create an EMF account or simply login if you have an existing account.
- Create a JustRunning account.
- Get started with a JustGiving page to help share your fundraising. Making an individual running page can be done through JustRunning and means that SLA includes information on the charity for you to share. If you’re making a team page, you can do this through Just Giving.
- Share your JustGiving page through your social networks. Remember to tag SLA.
Take a look at a few photos of our staff members, Kate and Megan, and their family/friends, looking triumphant after their runs!