Partner With Us
Create mutual benefit through an innovative partnership with us.
Partner with SLA
SLA stems from partnerships and fruitful connections, in India and in Scotland.
- We’re always keen to connect with Scottish companies and organisations that want to help vulnerable children in India.
- We’re happy to explore opportunities around financial and/or in-kind support.
- If this sounds like you, please get in touch.
We are hugely appreciative of the impact partnering can have, both in raising funds and in raising profile.
Partnership case study
SLA first connected with Tuk Tuk through our ‘Hoof It to Hyderabad’ challenge a few years ago. As we learnt more about one another, we saw what a great fit a partnership between us could be – ‘street food helping street kids’.
- We worked closely together to plan our engagement throughout our first year of the partnership.
- Key senior staff from both our organisations met regularly and we drew up a ‘Partnership Agreement’ to formalise our connection.
- We work together to promote the work both partners are doing, making the most of any opportunities to strengthen our relationship.
Our first year of partnership allowed us to gather evidence about what worked. Partnering for a second year means we can keep developing the work, continuing with the elements we now know work well, and looking for new ways to connect our work in India with the Tuk Tuk team in Scotland.
The ‘Dine and Donate’ model the partnership is based on is simple and effective.
- As Tuk Tuk’s chosen charity, both their Edinburgh and Glasgow restaurants ask each table of customers to donate 50p with their meal to help support SLA.
- 50p provides 3 meals a day for one of the 100 girls at ASRITHA Rainbow Home.
- The children have been rescued from the streets of Hyderabad, where there are an estimated 28,000 street children.
Tuk Tuk and SLA are delighted that their Indian street food continues to help Indian street children.
|Tuk Tuk have been raising money for SLA through their ‘Dine and Donate’ appeal.|
|Truscott Property are our sponsors for the Fireworks Extravaganzas 2019.|
In India, poor sanitation and hygiene translate into an estimated 1000 children under five years of age dying from diarrhoea every day