Text to donate terms & conditions
You can donate to SLA simply by sending a text message on your mobile phone.
Can I claim Gift Aid on my donation?
Yes you can. Simply follow the instructions you will receive by text every time you make a donation to apply Gift Aid to your donation.
What happens next?
You’ll receive a text back thanking you for your donation and giving you details on how you can add a further 25% in Gift Aid by clicking on the link in the text.
How much will it cost me to donate?
We use the Donr text giving service to process our single text donations. You will be charged for one text message at your standard network rate plus the amount you have chosen to donate.
Text Donation Terms & Conditions
- The SMS donations services to SLA are supplied by a third party provider. We are therefore not liable for any delays or failures in your receipt of any SMS messages. Delivery is subject to transmission from your network operator and processing by your mobile phone device.
- Our text giving service provider, Donr, charges us a fee equivalent to 5% +VAT of each donation, so for every £1 you donate, £0.94 will be received by SLA.
- 100% of any Gift Aid given on your donation will be processed and received by our charity.
- When you make a text donation, this will either be deducted from your mobile phone credit (Pay as You Go) or added to your mobile phone bill.
- You may be charged a standard rate message for your text message (refer to your network operator for further information).
- You must ask the bill payer’s permission before making a donation. If you are under 16 years old, you must have your parent or guardian’s permission to send a text donation to us.
- You should receive a confirmation of your donation by text from Donr within an hour of sending this text.
- If at any time you encounter any problems when making a text donation, you can contact the Donr Helpline by calling 0333 4444 111.
- Donr provides Text Giving and other fundraising services to charities who are registered in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
- Donr is a private, UK-registered company (company number: 10402410).
- If the keyword or short code you text are invalid you may still be charged, but your donation may not come to SLA.
- If you Gift Aid your donation, SLA will receive the following data about you: First Name, Surname and Postal Address (including postcode)
- SLA will not use your personal data for marketing purposes unless you have given consent for us to do so.
- Please note that we may use different keywords for certain events or campaigns; however, the above procedure and terms will still apply.
In India, poor sanitation and hygiene translate into an estimated 1000 children under five years of age dying from diarrhoea every day